OPPO has announced A83, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘A series’ in China, after it was certified recently. It has a 5.7 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display, has 4GB RAM, comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with support for A.I beauty technology as well as face unlock that can unlock the phone in just 0.18 seconds by scanning 128 feature points on your face. No details about the processor yet.
OPPO A83 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core processor
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions:150.5 × 73.1 × 7.7mm; Weight: 143g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3180mAh (typical) / 3090mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A83 comes in Champagne Gold and Black colors, is priced at 1399 yuan (US$ 212 / Rs. 13,630 approx.), available for order in China and goes on sale from December 29th.