Redmi Note 5 was launched in India today at an event held in Delhi by Xiaomi. Featuring a 5.99-inch display with the trendy new 18:9 aspect ratio, the Redmi Note 5 brings refinements to the very successful Redmi Note 4. With the Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi is taking on competing devices that have been launched recently with the new 18:9 aspect ratio displays, while still retaining the best aspects of the Redmi Note 4.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specifications
The Note 5 comes with a big 5.99-inch display with Full HD+ resolution (2160 x 1080 pixels) and an aspect ratio of 18:9, bringing it in line with the new trend seen in recent smartphones. The display also comes with rounded corners, giving it a fresh and different feel. It is covered by a 2.5D curved glass on top.
Running on Android 7.1 Nougat, the Note 5 comes with MIUI 9 on top. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset, which is coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage, with support for microSD cards as well.
Coming to the optics, the Redmi Note 5 features a 12MP camera on the back with an aperture of f/2.2, PDAF and dual tone dual LED flash. On the front, the phone comes with a 5MP camera with a selfie LED flash and Beautify 3.0 for enhanced selfies.
Coming to the connectivity, the Redmi Note 5 features a hybrid dual SIM slot with 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared, microUSB and FM Radio. The phone comes with a fingerprint sensor on the back, just below the LED flash. A 4,000mAh battery powers the phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pricing and availability
The Note 5 has been priced starting at Rs. 9,999 for the 3GB version and Rs. 11,999 for the 4GB version, along with a free case bundled in the box. The Redmi Note 5 comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue color options, and will be available for purchase exclusively on Flipkart.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery