Xiaomi just Launched Mi TV 4, World’s Thinnest LED 4K HDR TV in India. It has a 4K panel with support for HDR. It has a 4.9mm slim frameless design and comes with Patch Wall, a UI layer on top of the Android OS that’s based on deep learning AI technology that can curate content based on recommendations.
Users will also get a free Mi IR Cable and subscription to Hungama Play and Sony Liv for three months along with free onsite installation. The Mi LED Smart TV 4 runs on Xiaomi’s PatchWall OS which is a fork of Android, but it does not support the Google Play Store. Content on the Mi LED Smart TV 4 will be available in 15 Indic languages and the TV will offer a smarter set-top box experience.
PatchWall OS on Mi LED Smart TV 4
PatchWall OS is a fork of Android, but does not support the Google Play store. It offers integration with set-top box (STB) content, so users can directly navigate their STB using the Mi TV 4’s remote. The OS also throws up personalised suggestions about movies, TV shows and other content users may wish to watch as per their regular viewing activity. The Mi LED Smart TV 4 also offers a Universal Search feature which can be used to search for content on the DTH box as well as within the streaming apps available on the television.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4 specifications
- 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms (Samsung), 6000: 1 contrast ratio
- 2GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM, 8GB internal memory (eMMC 5.1)
- MIUI TV with PatchWall AI based on Android
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Mi Port, 3 x HDMI 2.0, AV, 1 x USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.0 x 1, Ethernet
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps, MPEG1 / 2/4 DivX4 the VC-1 / WMV3 1080P at 60 fps, REAL 8/9/10 1080P at 30 fps
- 2x 8W speaker for DOLBY AUDIO, DTS-HD
The Xiaomi Mi TV 4 is priced at Rs. 39,999 and will be available exclusively from Flipkart as well as Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from February 22nd.