Xiaomi has Launched Redmi Note 5 Pro at an event in New Delhi today, the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a 5.99-inch Full HD+ display and an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset. With the Redmi Note 5 Pro, Xiaomi is bringing the focus on the selfie cameras, with the phone featuring a 20MP front camera and a selfie flash.
Redmi Note 5 Pro is loaded with features like an 18:9 aspect ratio and dual rear cameras. This time, Xiaomi has aligned the cameras vertically, inspired by some other designs in the market. The Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched alongside the Redmi Note 5 earlier today. Additionally, this is the first Xiaomi smartphone to feature the new Face Unlock feature – Xiaomi has said that it will enable this feature via an OTA update in March.
Starting with the display, the phone is sporting a 5.99-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2160p) IPS-LCD panel. This is an 18:9 aspect ratio display with 2.5D curved glass. It comes with 450 nits maximum brightness and on-screen navigation buttons, minimising the bezels.
At the back, you will find the dual rear camera module, which is composed of a 12MP + 5MP sensor for better depth effect. A 20MP single front-facing camera with selfie flash is also there. Featuring a metal design, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro gets a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Coming to the hardware, the phone is packing a powerful Snapdragon 636 processor, clocked at 1.8GHz and coupled with an Adreno 509 GPU. This combination is backed by two RAM variants i.e. 4GB/64GB and 6GB/64GB. There is also a slot for expandable memory. The device runs Android 7.1 Nougat based MIUI 9. This is the latest UI from Xiaomi.
Talking about the battery, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by a massive 4,000 mAh non-removable battery. Basic connectivity options include Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, Micro USB port, and a 3.5mm earphone jack.
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 13999 for the 4GB RAM version and the 6GB RAM version costs Rs. 16,999. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 83% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.6×75.4×8.05mm; Weight: 181g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery